1/11/12

REGULAR VERBS





Regular verbs are conjugated to easy to learn rules.

They all have a base form. e.g. to look

A gerund (ing) form where ing is added to the end of the verb. e.g. looking

An -s form where s is added to the end of the verb. e.g. looks

A past tense form where ed is added to the end of the verb. e.g. looked

A past participle form where ed is added to the end of the verb. e.g. looked

Examples:

•"If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied."
(Alfred Nobel)


•"I've searched all the parks in all the cities and found no statues of committees."
(Gilbert K. Chesterton)


•"I had no idea of the character. But the moment I was dressed, the clothes and the make-up made me feel the person he was. I began to know him, and by the time I walked onto the stage he was fully born."
(Charlie Chaplin)


•"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can."
(Ernest Hemingway)


•"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
(Samuel Beckett)